Peach Bellini



Peach Bellini And Freshly Picked Peaches


Ever since I saw a Peach Bellini recipe in one of Jamie Oliver cook books, I've been wanting to make it for myself but I didn't have the occasion worthy of a drink like this. Last night was the New Years Eve 2017, and although I was just spending another quiet NYE with hubby at home watching a movie. I felt that it was an appropriate time to open a bottle of sparkling wine.

We have beautiful peaches this year thanks to our peach tree in the backyard. The fertiliser I gave it really helped as the peaches are big this year. I'm not netting my fruit trees yet as it is a time and money consuming activity. However I managed to save as many fruits as I can and I left the damaged fruit to the birds and other garden residents.

 

My Peach Bellini is slightly different from the Jamie Oliver/Italian version as I don't have a Prosecco in the fridge. Only a bottle of cheap Sparkling Cuvee. However I really enjoyed my two glasses of Bellini.

Happy New Year! Hopefully 2018 will be an easier year for all of us.

Here is my recipe:

Peach Bellini
This recipe if for 4 champagne glasses

Ingredients:
- 4 ripe peaches, peeled and chopped, seed thrown away
- Sugar Syrup
- A bottle of sparkling cuvee, prosecco or champagne, cooled in the fridge

Method:
1. Puree Peaches and a good splash of sugar syrup.
2. Divide the sweet puree evenly in the four champagne glasses.
3. Pour sparkling wine to fill up the glasses and stir.

Enjoy!


Comments