Banana & Blueberry Bread

Banana & Blueberry Bread

I think everyone at some stage will find some old bananas in their kitchen/fridge. I don't know why but my boys and husband are not big fans of bananas. Maybe I overfed my sons bananas when they were babies. Now my four year old and one year old dislike banana, even the flavour, so whenever I buy fresh bananas, I'll be the only one eating them. As the result, there will often be a few sad looking bananas around. Over ripened, soggy bananas with dark spots on them.

When the bananas get to this over ripened stage, it is common knowledge that the best way to get rid of them is to make banana bread. 

I looked for an easy recipe from the Internet, by easy, I meant that I don't have to do more shopping (e.g. to get whole meal organic flour or almond meal that I don't have in the pantry, I have only plain or self raising flour). I found a good recipe from live lighter but I made so many adjustments (I'm only making this 'bread' for myself so I had to cut down the recipe to half). I decided to write my own version of the recipe.

I discovered that I don't have a loaf tin! as my silicone loaf tin is in horrible condition so I decided to use my 6 capacity muffin tray. I love baking using the paper muffin cups as I don't need to clean the muffin tray (much).

I enjoyed the bread but sadly anything that's banana in flavour is currently rejected by my sons. I hope they will grow out of this.


Moist banana & blueberry bread for tea nom nom nom... I had two!

Banana & Blueberry Bread

This recipe makes SIX regular muffin sized portions

Ingredients

  • Two very ripe, sad looking bananas, peeled and mashed
  • 1 egg
  • 2 table spoon of caster sugar
  • 1/4 cup of full cream milk
  • 1 cup of self raising flour
  • 1/4 cup of fresh and sweet blueberries
  • Olive Oil
Other essentials
  • 6 capacity muffin tray
  • paper muffin cups
  • Big bowl
  • 1 fork
  • 1 large soup spoon.
Method

1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celsius fan forced
2. Line muffin tray with paper muffin cups
3. In a big bowl mix the mashed banana, egg, sugar and milk well with a fork.

4. Add the self raising flour gradually and mix well with a fork.
5. When the batter is well combined, mix in the blueberries. Add a splash of olive oil and stir well until everything is combined.

6. Fill each muffin tray until full with the batter.
7. Bake the batter in the oven for about 30 minutes.
8. In 30 minutes check that the muffins are baked by piercing the middle of the bread with a stick, the stick should come out clean. If the bread is not cooked yet bake for another 10 minutes and so on until the stick comes out clean.


9. Leave bread to cool, enjoy bread with some non salted butter/whipped cream & jam and a cup of tea.








Comments