Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and spring onion



My husband told me that his favourite omelette is cooked with spring onion and mushrooms. We normally eat fried eggs (sunny side up) on toast for weekend breakfast but my husband is not eating bread at the moment to help ease his sinus (no yeast diet), I bought spring onion and mushrooms for him so that he can make himself breakfast in the weekend. I love bread and I can't imagine myself having a proper breakfast without it. Unlike my husband, I prefer scrambled eggs than omelettes as I love the taste and texture of half cooked egg yolk. This is the first time I've cooked scrambled eggs with mushrooms and spring onion, and I loved the taste, the sweetness of the spring onion compliments the mushroom taste. I'll be having many more of this breakfast in the future. This recipe will feed one person, you might need more bread / egg if you have a big appetite.

Ingredients

2 eggs - stir in a bowl

3 spring onion - cut diagonally to 5mm pieces
1 big flat mushroom - cut into small pieces

a slice of bread -  my favourite is country grain

Salt
Soy sauce

Oil 

Cooking method
Heat a good splash of oil in a pan (medium heat), cook spring onion and mushrooms until they are soft and moist, add a good sprinkle of salt and stir well. Toast the bread. Spread the spring onion and mushroom on the pan. Pour in the egg mixture, and continue stirring while the eggs cook. When the scrambled egg reach the texture you like, pour the eggs to a plate, give it a small splash of soy sauce. Put toast beside the scrambled eggs and serve with margarine spread.

I like my eggs runny, I only stir and leave the eggs to cook for a short period of time. I eat this meal as follows: I put some of the eggs on top of a buttered toast, I'll eat the toast first, and continue eating the rest of the eggs. With coffee on the side, it was one of the best breakfast I've ever had and I didn't have to feel guilty about it as it is a light meal.

Comments

Post a Comment