Party Cupcakes

Party Cupcakes

I take my boys to playgroup at the amazing Syndal Baptist Playgroup every week. We decided not to make a big first birthday party for our baby, but I wanted to celebrate his birthday with our dear friends at playgroup. 

In the past I used White Wings cupcake premix from the Supermarket (Coles) a lot, but I wanted to try making cupcakes from scratch because frankly speaking I was getting bored of the taste of premix cupcakes. 

I used this Basic Cupcakes Recipe from Taste.com. I love this website and I've used it a lot. It's amazing that getting recipes from the Internet is free. I enjoyed the experience of making cupcakes from scratch. Even though it takes time, the final cupcake is so different than the premix. I think the texture and flavour are definitely yummier.


I failed so many times in the past at decorating with icing. I used cheap piping kit from the supermarket and my icing always became too runny after adding food colouring, so my icing didn't retain shape. This time I bought some proper icing equipments, icing bag and beautiful piping nozzle 2D - perfect for rose icing. I also concentrated on creating a good firm texture on my icing. It turned out great and it is so much easier when the icing is of the right texture and your piping tools are correct. On the topic of icing, it is much easier to make icing if the butter you're using is very very soft. 

My Beloved Purchase! Proper Decorating Tools
















The Icing


Perfection!
It was so much easier creating a rose effect with the correct tool and the right icing texture

Get the taste.com recipe by clicking this link: Basic Cupcakes Recipe



Comments