Butterfly Cupcakes

Butterfly Cupcakes

This is another beautiful recipe from the 'Grandma's Best Recipes' book by Love Food. I'm so happy I decided to buy this cookbook from Big W years ago, and it didn't cost much. Some of my favourite cookbooks are affordable copies from the major supermarkets.

I was expecting some guests in the afternoon so I was looking for a simple recipe for afternoon tea. I was considering to make brownies, lemon drizzle cake, chocolate tart and then I found this beautiful butterfly cupcakes recipe. What I love about this recipe is that it uses simple ingredients, it is easy to make and I love the idea of the butterfly wings. The recipe also uses a lemon which is great because I have lots of lemons in my backyard. 

I can't share the recipe here because it is from a hard copy publication and I respect it's copy right. I had a look around on the internet and found this recipe which is very similar so if you want to give this a try, please use this recipe: 



Grandma's Best Recipes By Love Food



Butterfly Cupcakes Recipe in the Grandma's Best Recipe's Book By Love Food

This is my first time making this butterfly cupcakes and it was a success. 

It is very simple to make the butterfly wings, basically, after baking the cupcakes and cooling them, just cut about 1/2 cm off the top of your cupcakes which will result in a circular piece of cake. Cut the circle into half. Spoon some icing on top centre of the trimmed cupcake, place the semi circles like butterfly wings (as shown on the image above).

If you do try to make this after reading this post please share your experience with me.





Comments