Chocolate Pudding



Warm Chocolate Pudding Served With Dollop Cream And Fresh Cherries



I used the recipe from my copy of 'Grandma's Best Recipes' by Love Food which is one of my favourite cookbooks of all times. I've been eyeing this chocolate pudding recipe since the first time I saw it so I was ecstatic when my oldest son asked me if we can try to make this dessert. 


I've been wanting to try this chocolate pudding recipe but I haven't until recently when my oldest son spotted this recipe and wanted to give it a go. 

I highly recommend this book, it is full of classic favourites both savoury and sweets.


Since this recipe is from a hard copy publication I will not include the recipe from the book to protect it's copy right. However I will share my cooking experiences in photo. I've had a look to find a similar recipe on the internet that is publicly shared, and I think the recipe in this following link is similar as it uses the same ingredients:


My handsome 4.5 year old and I at the start of our exciting cooking experience.
1. Mix the dry ingredients of sugar, cocoa powder, cornflour and salt into a heatproof bowl.


2. Heat milk in a saucepan on medium heat until the milk is simmering but not boiling.


3. Pour little milk into the dry ingredients and mix well, then pour the dry ingredients into the milk. Keep heat to medium and stir well.




5. Beat in egg and butter, reduce the heat to low. Simmer and stir frequently until the pudding thickens.



6. As the mixture thickens, stir in a splash of vanilla extract. The pudding is ready to be served now. It can be eaten cold or warm usually with a dollop of thickened cream.

Comments