Free-Form Peach & Raspberry Tart (Adapted From Donna Hay)


Free-Form Peach & Raspberry Tart

I'm so glad that I got to bake this beautiful tart yesterday. The images of Donna Hay's favourite peach tart have appeared in many blogs, websites and magazines. Peaches and berries are in season right now, and I happened to have a few large ripe peaches from my tree in the fridge and some beautiful raspberries from the local shop.

Our peach tree did very well this year, I'm glad I fertilised it last winter and asked my gardener to prune it down. Have a look at our peach harvest:




I have a copy of 'Donna Hay Modern Classics Book Two' in my collection and there is one recipe for the free form peach and plum tart. As I'm not using plum, I'm replacing it with some fresh raspberries. I also did not cut my pie in a circular form and I decided to just make it rectangular as I was using a rectangular shape frozen short cut pastry.

This tart is so easy to make and the recipe is very simple. I have to say that although the tart was beautiful, I think I would prefer puff pastry than short crust, the peaches and raspberries became quite tart after being baked and the table spoon of sugar sprinkled on top is not enough to fix the tartness. Therefore, I've decided to tweak Donna's recipe a tiny bit. 

Here is my take on Donna's free form Peach tart.


Free-Form Peach & Raspberry Tart 
(Adapted from Donna Hay Modern Classics Book Two 'Free-Form Peach & Plum Tart Recipe)
Feeds 4 people


Ingredients:
  • 1 Frozen Puff Pastry Sheet - Thawed
  • 1 Cup of Almond Meal
  • 2 Large Ripe Yellow Peaches - Cut into even slices
  • 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
  • Honey
Method:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (160 degrees celsius fan-forced). 
  2. On a baking tray, line a baking paper and put the thawed puff pastry on top. 
  3. Spread the almond meal on the puff pastry, leaving about 5 cm space from the edges.
  4. layer peaches on top of the almond meal and distribute raspberries in the gaps.
  5. Fold in the edges of the puff pastry.
  6. Bake the tart for 30 minutes.
  7. Cool down the tart, drizzle the tart with a generous amount of honey. You can enjoy this tart as is with a cup of tea or accompanied by a scoop of vanilla ice cream.






Comments