Golden Australia Cookies





Golden Australia Cookies


Australia Cookie Cutter Bought From a TIN SMITHS shop in Sovereign Hill

I made these cookies as a tribute to Australia Day and also as a memory of our recent travel to Sovereign Hill, Ballarat.

We went to visit Sovereign Hill in Ballarat Victoria for Australia Day weekend and had a wonderful experience. Sovereign Hill is an outdoor Museum that is stuck back in the time of Victorian Gold Rush (1850s). Visitors can experience living back in the time by being amongst actors dressed in that era and visiting the old buildings & the gold mines. For more information please visit Sovereign Hill's website http://www.sovereignhill.com.au.  Sovereign Hill in Ballarat is about 1.5 hours drive from Melbourne city.

Sovereign Hill Town


Sovereign Hill Town

Although it was very hot (35 degrees celsius and sunny) and we were struggling with the heat. We found ice cream and the gold mines, although dark, provided sanctuary from the heat.

We had a fun time dressing up for the Gold Rush Era photo shoot and I recommend this experience to anyone who is visiting the town. It is definitely a family photo that I will remember.



I was disappointed that I didn't get to cook anything on Australia Day (26 January) as we stayed in a hotel without kitchen facilities and my husband told me to buy something from the Cookery shop there as a souvenir. I decided to buy this cute Australia Cookie Cutter from the Tin Smith shop in Sovereign Hill and I made butter cookies today.

The recipe is from Donna Hay, you can find her recipe from this web link. I decided not to make icing as the cookies were already sweet.
https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/desserts-and-baking/cookies/love-heart-cookies

My oldest loves these cookies as he ate five of these round ones I made along side the Australia shaped cookies.





Comments