ZOKU Rainbow Popsicles

My Oldest Son Enjoying His ZOKU Rainbow Popsicle

ZOKU Rainbow Popsicle

This rainbow popsicle is made out of 100% fresh fruits that are simply blended using a hand blender and frozen using the ZOKU popsicle mould. 

My oldest son who is five years old has been asking me to make rainbow popsicles for a long time. I was gifted a ZOKU popsicle maker a few years ago by my mother in law, and I love this product. You basically put the ZOKU popsicle maker in the freezer for 24 hours, then you can pour any sweet liquid in it and you'll have a popsicle ready in five minutes. 

By making your own popsicle you can choose to use healthy ingredients such as yoghurt, milk, honey and fresh fruits, instead of buying popsicles (like Zooper Dooper) that are full of sugar. Don't get me wrong, my husband and boys love Zooper Dooper, and I let my boys have some but I feel better giving my boys these home made ZOKU popsicles.

I've been using our ZOKU a lot in summer and I've made many popsicles. My favourite popsicles to make are fresh strawberries & yoghurt and fresh mango and yoghurt. You simply have to blender your ingredients into a liquid form and pour it into the mould.

For this rainbow popsicle I used red water melon for the red colour, orange juice for orange, yellow watermelon for yellow, kiwi fruit for green and dark purple for blueberries. I'm still thinking of a way to make a natural blue colour using fruits.

Rainbow ZOKU Popsicles
our ZOKU moulds can make 3 popsicles at a time

Tools:
You'll need a ZOKU mould & tools, a hand blender/blender and jugs.

Ingredients:
- RED: Red Watermelon Chunks, simply blend watermelon using a hand blender or normal blender until it becomes juice
- ORANGE: Orange Juice, you can use store bought OJ or juice fresh oranges
- YELLOW: Yellow Watermelon Chunks,  simply blend watermelon using a hand blender or normal blender until it becomes juice
- GREEN: Kiwi, blender kiwi fruit with a bit of water and maple syrup/honey
- PURPLE: Blueberries, blender blueberries with a bit of water


Method:

Basically you'll have to wait for each layer to freeze a bit before adding another layer to create different coloured layers.

1. Put the popsicle sticks in the ZOKU mould and pour the red water melon juice to fill 1/5 of the space. Wait for 1 minute until the red juice has frozen a bit.
2. Pour the orange juice to fill another 1/5 of the space. Wait for 1 minute until the orange juice has frozen a bit.
3.  Pour the yellow water melon juice to fill another 1/5 of the space. Wait for 1 minute until the yellow juice has frozen a bit.
4.  Pour the green kiwi juice to fill another 1/5 of the space. Wait for 1 minute until the green juice has frozen a bit.
5.  Pour the purple blueberry juice to fill another 1/5 of the space.
6. wait until the blueberry juice has frozen completely. Use the ZOKU tools to pull the popsicles out. The popsicles are ready to be eaten.




Comments